Volunteer at BBFF 2017
Information for Volunteers & Interns
Our Volunteers and Interns are the backbone of Byron Bay International Film Festival. They help us build Australia’s favourite Film Festival with 175+ films each year. Without their passion and dedication, we would not be able to bring talented filmmakers and an open, intelligent audience together. Our team is made up of Volunteers and Interns from various backgrounds, coming together to share their experience and skills.
The Byron Bay Film Festival is made possible through the enormous effort of our wonderful volunteers. Their ambition helps us create a fascinating event each year.
You are a film-lover and have some free time on your hands? We would love to hear from you! To get in touch with us, kindly fill out the form below. If you are having trouble viewing or submitting this form please email firstname.lastname@example.org
An Internship with Byron Bay International Film Festival is a great way to get work experience while you are in school or Uni. We are happy to give you a space to learn, grow and share your skills with others. We welcome Interns from all around the world.
At the moment, the team requires a self-motivated, talented and committed university students to join our team in various different roles – an example of one such role is below but we are open to working with your strengths if they are in different areas.
Design and Tech Assistant
Likely responsibilities will include
- Web and graphic design for social media, marketing campaigns, imagery and banners
- Assisting other designers in researching and developing content, and other web development tasks
- Managing ongoing design projects, often multiple simultaneously
- Managing databases and developing contact lists
- Dispatching and monitoring of e-newsletter campaigns
- Strong skills in graphic design and web design including full capacity in Photoshop, InDesign
- Being confident creating and updating content independently
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills in order to work in a fast pace environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Personal initiative and a collaborative, friendly, flexible can-do attitude
- Commitment and remuneration
4, 6 or 8 months internship according to your school internship agreement, 4 days per week commitment. BBFF is primarily a volunteer-run event. This role is an unpaid internship.
In return, you will receive
- An all access Crew Pass to the 10-day festival – during which you can attend any session with standby tickets available when you are not working
- Great experience, finishing with a folio of results and a fantastic new network of industry contacts that will place in great stead for future job-seeking
- BBFF is also happy to act as referees for great Interns!
Please submit your application to email@example.com (CV + letter cover)
What other Interns loved about working at BBFF
Victoria I enjoyed teaming up with other Interns from Australia, France and Belgium, learning from their experience and sharing what I know. I gained many new skills and would come back anytime.
Lachie Really great getting the chance to work with other interns from around the world as well and the local festival directors. You get introduced to a lot of new experiences and are constantly picking up new skills which will be very useful in the future